Now, awesome interviewee # 04 with this Rendezvous section. This time its the turn of Effrosyni who contacted me past week. Effrosyni is a published author and recently published a book, involving time travelers and Greek myths. She live in one of the world’s oldest cities, with its recorded history spanning around 3,400 years. Read on to find out all about this traveler’s traveling tips.
So, Please welcome…
2. Age – 46
3. Travel Blog – No, but it is in my future plans
4. I Chirp – @FrostieMoss
5. Home Town – Athens, Greece
6. Current Location – Athens, Greece
7. Are you staying there for business or pleasure?
Both! I live in a seaside town on the outskirts of the city. It is peaceful and green and it is a refreshing change from the city suburbs where I was brought up.
8. Can you please share that what you’re up to at the moment? Worth sharing, worth forgetting etc.
I have recently published ’The Necklace of Goddess Athena’, an urban fantasy involving time travelers and Greek myths and I’m currently heavily involved in self-promotion. At the same time I’m working on a historical novel called ‘The Lady of the Pier’. It is set in Brighton England and Corfu, Greece.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
As my favorite place on earth is Corfu, my fondest childhood memories involve my summers there with my grandparents and cousins. It involved long hours of play and sunbathing as well as my grandma’s excellent cooking. I have been blessed with the best summers a child could ever have!
10. Any future voyage?
Despite my best intentions and fondest wishes, there are no travels to be had for the foreseeable future.
11. I am giving you tickets to go anywhere tomorrow, so where would it be and why?
Venice, Italy. It is one of the destinations I often dream about. I love Italy and would love to go back and use my Italian again.
12. So which is the place where you would decline my tickets for and why?
Anywhere where I would be likely to encounter snakes or large spiders. I guess that implies the Australian outback!
13. What 5 items would you not go traveling without?
A guide book, suntan lotion, sunglasses, a pair of comfortable shoes and my cell phone.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
Don’t forget to pack your mosquito repellent machine!
15. Worst advice?
I can’t say I have ever received any bad advice and at that, one that got me in some kind of trouble.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this interview?
If you are going to do island hopping once in your life, choose the Greek Cyclades and in particular don’t miss out Santorini (Thera), Sifnos and Milos which are my personal favourites. You won’t have seen sea so blue and the sunlight over the Aegean landscape cannot be described, must only be experienced.
17. Favorite ice cream flavor? – Hazelnut
18. Apple or Andriod? – Android
19. Blogger or WordPress? – WordPress
20. Hostel or Hotel? – Hostel
21. Guilty pleasure? – Brownies
22. Your chosen super-power? – Being able to communicate with the spirits of the dead – I bet they have great stories to tell.
23. Airplane seat – Aisle, Center or Window? – Window and only window! Everything else tends to be either boring or annoying or both!
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? – James Blunt’s new album ’Moon Landing’. I love him!
25. Thank you for answering OUR questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website OR showcase yourself…
If a book about time travel and Greek myths sound appealing to you, I invite you to check out ’The Necklace of Goddess Athena’ on my publisher’s bookstore. You can find me on Twitter as @FrostieMoss or you can connect with me on Facebook. I have only recently started to blog and although I am planning to write travel pieces in future, at the moment it is a kind of public diary where I pen insights and personal life experiences: effrosinimoss.wordpress.
Thank you Effrosyni for being a part of the TravelTerrain.com and I hope you enjoy the interview.
So you could be next interviewee of TravelTerrain.com, click here to become an interviewee.
You can also follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Google+